Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's in the Bag



I've been looking at various ways for packaging our jewelry that looks attractive but is also practical for shipping.  I found some nice organza bags but still wanted something a little different.   I decided it was time to dust off my sewing machine and make my own.  I use to sew a lot, until I discovered polymer clay.  I still enjoy sewing so it is nice to be able to utilize those skills again and combine it with my clay.  I fell in love with these fabrics and felt they were just perfect for little pouches.  Don't you love the colors? 

4 comments:

coltpixy said...

Beautiful fabrics! I know several people who use cloth bags. I think they are prettier than the organza bags.

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Your bags are beautiful Caroline! No need to wrap when you have great looking gift bags like that!

2 Good Claymates said...

Thanks so much. I was hoping these would make our work a little more special.

Anonymous said...

Great fabrics & colors! Plus, they are cut down on packing waste, like plastic bags.

This is something I've thought about doing, but my sewing machine was out of commission for AGES until just last week.