Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Wish List

I'm running low on supplies and is almost time to order more.  While browsing through my favorite sites I couldn't help think about what I want to add for my Christmas wish list for this year.  One thing I am in need of is a new pasta machine.  Mine is pretty much worn out and I want a really good one this time and possibly with a motor.  I don't mind cranking my machine manually but with the tendinitis in my shoulder, a motor could be quite useful for conditioning large batches of clay.


I was really drooling over the new "Dream Machine " and if it is such a good machine as they say, then is probably worth the money.  But if I want a motor for it, forking out another $375 is a little difficult to swallow.  I think I will probably stick with a good Italian made pasta machine, with or without a motor, for now.

Then there is the question as to where to buy.  I like to buy from Canadian suppliers whenever possible, however we don't have as much selection here as in the U.S.  Fortunately we have Shades of Clay which is a main supplier for my Kato clay and gives fair prices when ordering large quantities as I do.  They also have some other neat stuff available so it is like visiting a candy store every time I go to their site to place an order!  So what other things are tempting me?  Let's see....

How about some new discs for my extruder ---  or an extruder adapter that makes a hollow core ---



Maybe some of Lisa Pavelka's craft Foils  --  I could experiment with making faux dichroic glass.

Liquid Kato -- in different colors.  I use a lot of this in the clear but never tried any of the colors yet.



Some Kemper cutters -- can't believe I still don't own any of these yet!




And of course there is a whole lot more but I will have to stay focused for now and not get too carried away!  I will let you know later what I decided on!

In the meantime, what is on your Christmas wish list???  Would love to hear about it....

4 comments:

Robin M said...

check out http://www.munrocrafts.com/
They have a really good discount too. Buy $200 get 50% off. - Robin

2 Good Claymates said...

Thanks -- I did -- the 50% off sounds good but is still from the U.S. and costs way more for shipping, duty, brokerage fees, etc. by the time I receive it in Canada. Also -- tried an Amaco pasta machine and they are no good -- going with a good Italian one this time. I think I will stick with Shades of Clay.

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

I would love to have that Dream Machine too but you can buy 10 or more decent machines for the price of one great machine and motor. I understand that since it is a low production piece the cost is higher. But I can't swallow it either. I know the beginners that come to my site definitely can't. Which is too bad. It seems to answer the problems we have with regular pasta machines.

Anonymous said...

You probably already know but you can make your own colored liquid clay by using PearlEx and mix it in your liquid clay.