Friday, January 1, 2010

Year of the Tiger

The new year is already off to a good start.  According to the Chinese Zodiac, the year of 2010 (February 14, 2010 - February 2, 2011) is the year of the tiger.  Found Hand Made did a unique tiger treasury in which our tiger donut pendant was featured.  My pendant sold almost right away after, along with more tiger print beads, so looks like I will have to get back to work and make some more.


In the meantime we do have some new tiger print jewelry pieces listed in our Art fire studio for you to check out.

 

 

The lentil swirl on this pendant is my absolute favorite and I love how it turned out.



I should mention something about the attached "bead caps" that are on the lentil bead itself.  I was experimenting with making some of my own bead caps and then decided to try out the Bead Cap Tutorial from Tina Holden (Beadcomber).  Her instructions were very clear and it gave me the help I needed for finishing off this piece.

Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous 2010.

4 comments:

Diana S said...

Now I understand why my daughter asked me to make her a necklace with Tiger Eye. your tiger eye work is beautiful !

Anonymous said...

THAT is an amazing tiger swirly !!! The necklace is beathtaking, I can see why it sold so quickly !

soya said...

mi piacciono molto i braccialetti..complimenti1

Denise said...

Your tiger print (& this swirly pendant) are perfection! I wish I was able to make tiger print that nicely. The bead caps really set off your swirly bead. I went to check out the tute for the bead caps, but it is sold out! I guess I'll just keep trying--I'll figure out a good way to make my own caps. I don't think I can match your beautiful tiger, though...