Thursday, May 13, 2010

My New Cabezels

Our clay order arrived the other day along with some CaBezels.  These are a type of "mould" that helps you form a cabachon and a bezel that fit together.  I was dying to try them out right away and I must say I was delightfully surprised and quite impressed with how they work.  I had so much fun experimenting with them I got carried away and started creating all sorts of things.  These are just 2 pendants and some post earrings made from some left over canes.  I did some experimenting to figure out a system that I liked.


I prefer a hole going right through the piece rather than a channel attached to the back.  This way I can finish the backs off with a pretty texture.


I have more pieces made but they are still in the sanding and finishing off pile with more ideas I plan to work on.  I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Cara Jane (surfingcat) said...

I'd not seen those cabezels before - look like a useful tool. Going to go and check them out - thanks for letting us know about them

2 Good Claymates said...

I forgot to mention that there is an article on them in this issue of Polymer Cafe magazine.

Sandy said...

Nice work! Of course, I love the Feather Boa texture you've used on the back of the pendants.