Monday, August 23, 2010

Clay Artist Feature - Beth

I received a feel-good e-mail yesterday.  Beth from San Diego shared some photos of work she had done with some of our tutorials and I must say I was very impressed!

She made some really nice beads from the Extruder Swirl Cane:


And here is a necklace she created with those beads and some of the clay rondelles.


She also made more necklaces using the clay rondelles and seed beads as spacers.  I love how they turned out!  In the first design she used a copper button clasp and copper seed beads between each rondelle.


I love the terracotta and copper combined with the turquoise in this one....


She says that she likes making the rondelle spacers while watching TV like I do as it is the perfect thing to do and relax at the same time.

What surprised me the most was when Beth considered herself an amateur and doesn't sell any of her work yet.  I'd say she is at least on the right track and we are looking forward to seeing more of her work in future!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Carolyn for showing my work. I love your tutorials and am looking forward to trying out your newest one - Beth

Norma's Bag Boutique said...

Beautiful work! Love the turquoise and terracota necklace too. Looks very elegant.