Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pantone Spring 2011 Colors

With our Christmas shows now over, we have been catching up on our own Christmas here at home.  Between all the baking and other preparations my husband (claymate), Dave, went through another surgery last week.  We are happy to say that things went very well and he is recovering nicely.  Thanks to all for your prayers and well wishes.

I'm getting back into the swing of things with lots of new and fun ideas in store.  I find mixing colors is a great springboard for inspiration and just finished mixing up the new Pantone Spring 2011 colors.


This new color collection is called "An Exotic Journey" citing exotic destinations like Africa, India, Peru and Turkey as it's inspiration and a way to escape everyday challenges with intriguing color combinations that transport one to foreign lands.  Honeysuckle is one of the most vibrant colors in the this collection and has been declared as the color of the year and I'm already seeing it popping up just about everywhere.


I have a special Christmas gift to all our clayers who follow us, that I will share with you soon.  I will give you a hint.  It involves the color Honeysuckle....  Look for it on this Christmas eve....

And for everyone, we have some great give-a-ways coming up in the new year....

5 comments:

DLSarmywife said...

ooooh those colors are just luscious. What brand of clay do you use to mix up your customs?

2 Good Claymates said...

They are nice colors aren't they? I can't wait to start mixing combinations with them -- soon -- very soon -- I'm a Kato gal. I use to like Premo because of the colors but I found it too soft and mushy to work with.

testing said...

I've been visiting your blog for a while now and esp enjoy your Pantone Colour mixing. I'm a Fimo user and am in the process of mixing the spring 2011 colours myself but I have been finding quite a difference in the colours on screen (brighter) and printed out (more muted) which would you recommened using as a guide?, as these are the only current methods of comparsion i have. Thx

2 Good Claymates said...

I couldn't possibly rely on my computer screen for color matching as it is like you said they are all different. I use the actual Pantone color swatch book that I purchased. It is a book that is filled with paint chip colors and they are all numbered. When Pantone announces their colors, they give the number with it and I look it up in my color swatch book and mix my color up to match it.

Pantone now has even more cool tools like apps for your phone and a color meter that will match up colors. I don't have a phone just yet that will use the app but plan to sometime this year and will make things a little easier and more fun.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I stumbled on your site, and you are in BC. Yippee. My Miss Marli (granddaughter) are getting into clay. Miss Marli is nine and loves all things crafty. I used to own a shop called Make it Snappy, so I have many supplies for her to dabble in. I have always wanted to do clay. Your site is so interesting. I hope to be here alot in the future