Monday, January 24, 2011

My New Color Tutorial is Available

I am happy to announce that my Color Tutorial, "Carolyn's Clay Color System" is now available!  It is for sale in our ArtFire Studio as well as our Etsy Shop.


In this tutorial you will learn:
* how to mix clay color recipes and organize them with your own "color library system"
* how to mix up new colors by making your own "Custom Color Wheel Charts"
* how to make a Six-Step Color Blend
* a fun technique for testing color combinations I call my "Mini-Mokume"
* how to make some beads from your "mokume"

Through this lesson you will:
* have more confidence in mixing and combining colors
* have a more organized clay area
* have more time and clay to get right into your projects

Included with this lesson are:
* cards to print out with more than 50 of my favorite color recipes using Kato polyclay to get you started.
   (Note: some of these recipes can be adapted to other clay brands and separate cards are provided.)
* some of the recipes are my own "base mixes" used to create various tints, shades or hues.
* printable worksheets for mixing clay blends and your own "custom color wheels"
* printable cards to record and save your own color blends and mixes.
* 23 pages of instruction and photos
* 38 pages of printable worksheets, charts and recipe cards

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just received my New Color Tutorial. Carolyn you really worked hard on this one, such details, it is wonderful. I can't wait to get in and start mixing some clay together and to fix myself up the recipe cards. Thanks for the great tutorials that you do....