Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fabulous Faux Turquoise Tutorial

My tutorial, Fabulous Faux Turquoise, is finally finished and available in our Art Fire studio as well as our Etsy Shop.


In this lesson I share with you exactly how I create my faux turquoise, including my own color mix recipe using either Kato or Premo clay.  Afterwards, you will learn several ways to use your turquoise mix to make your own beads and other jewelry components that will look like highly polished gems that will last forever.

Silver combines beautifully with turquoise and as a bonus, I have included several ways to combine your turquoise with metal frames or bezels.  You can use your own handcrafted frames made from wire or metal clay or ones purchased from a craft supply store.  The ones shown in the lesson are available in our ArtFire Studio.

No comments: