Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wholesale vs. Retail

I received the first edition of a new clay magazine, The Polymer Arts, in my e-mail inbox the other day.  When I discovered you could purchase a digital version, as opposed to a hard copy by snail mail, I decided to give it a try.


I found the Controlled Crackling technique to be quite interesting and something I might want to play around with some day.  The article "Transitioning into Wholesale" was very timely for us since that is basically the stage where we are at.

We started out last March with our first quilting store purchasing our buttons.  That has grown to several more stores selling our shawl pins and now beads as well.  Our wholesale end seems to be taking over and we are at a crossroads as how to divide our time.

We are still booked in for several shows over the next six months and by the end of that time we should be closer to making a more informed decision.


3 comments:

Norma's Bag Boutique said...

I really which you success with the new plans.

Samual said...

I recently cam across your post and found good information here. Choosing the most purposeful and cost effective method of either displaying product or disseminating marketing information is imperative to a business investment.

Snap frames

2 Good Claymates said...

Thanks Norma. Things are already getting very busy which is good.