Tuesday, March 6, 2012

More Studio Time Equals More Play Time?

I received a package in the mail the other day from my friend, Wendy.  She sent me a couple of samples of her new All in One CaBezels.  Aren't they cool?




The package came right at a time when I was feeling extremely stressed and worried about things. I was getting caught up with trying to fill orders, writing blog posts, ordering supplies, teaching classes and doing year end book work.  Dave had to remind me how he could be doing more instead of trying to take on too much myself and for not balancing my time properly.  I guess since he broke his hand and wasn't able to help out as much I was taking on more than I needed and was allowing the stress to build up.


Receiving the package from Wendy reminded me I needed more "play" time again with my clay.  It is so important as an artist to have that time for just having fun and allowing one's self to experiment and be more creative.


I had noticed when Wendy was showing on her blog how to use this type of CaBezel that she was working with clay that was textured.  I couldn't quite figure out how that worked until I gave it a try.  I was so surprised how the texture stayed intact when creating the shape.  It was just too cool!  This is the first one I made and decided to make it into a pendant.




Playing with these new CaBezeIs certainly primed my play and creative pump and I now want to experiment even more with them.


Wendy just created a new video on how to use these new types of CaBezels and you can find it here.

2 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

That is really lovely! I am intrigued by those new cabezels. I am going to have to give them a try!

Beadcomber said...

Oh Carolyn, I know how you feel. Crazy times! Play-time is so important and right now I'm making the same thing over and over and reading what you wrote hits home. Those cabezels are awesome. Got them a while ago, but haven't had time! lol soon I hope! they look fun.