Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pantone Fall 2013 Fashion Colors Deep Lichen Green and Linden Green

Shades of olive or lime are my absolute favorites and the color I look best in as I've been told they bring out the green in my eyes.  Two of the Pantone Fall 2013 colors are Deep Lichen Green which has a rich mossy tone and Linden Green, a yellow green that (as described by Pantone) "brings a lightness and brightness to the deeper shades of fall".


I find these two greens compliment each other quite nicely as you can see in these "leaf beads" I made from a skinner blend of the two to use in our fall jewelry designs.


Here are the clay recipes for these two greens using Kato clay:

Deep Lichen Green

2 parts Kato Turquoise
1 part Kato Gold
1 part Black Mix #1-8 *

Linden Green

10 parts Kato Yellow
1/2 part Kato Green
1/2 part Kato Gold
4 parts White Mix #1-2 *

*Note: The recipe for these base mixes are found in my Clay Color System Tutorial.

No comments: