Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Colorful Toggle Buttons

After making a lot of buttons in brown tones for the past while, I was happy to be mixing up some bright colors again.  These colorful toggle buttons are the small mini type, or as Dave likes to call them, "toglets".  They are a result of another custom request from one of our stores that sells our work.  I was discussing with Donna of Donna's Yarn & Craft in Kamloops about making some toggle buttons and wanted her input.  She showed me a small toggle they had in a plain bamboo and wondered if we could make something similar but in different colors.  She was receiving a lot of requests for these for children's wear and especially for boys.

After working out our technique, the little "toglets" were created in a variety of colors.

Mini toggle buttons or "toglets"


We used a few of the Pantone Spring 2014 fashion colors, Violet Tulip and Placid Blue.  The other colors are favorites from our color system collection.  These mini toggle buttons are now available at Donna's Yarn and Craft in Northshore, Kamloops.

We are also making some new sample color chips for a few of the stores we do custom work for.  This will make it easier for them and their customers in selecting their button colors to match the yarns or fabric they are purchasing.

color sample chips for buttons

4 comments:

Cynthia Blanton said...

The toglets are adorable. How big are they?

Cynthia

Carla said...

Cute! I will have to pick some up for my stash. I have lots of kid things to knit : )

2 Good Claymates said...

Thanks Cynthia, I guess I never mentioned the size. They are actually 3/4" in length.

2 Good Claymates said...

Thanks Carla, Glad you like them and if there is a color you are looking for that isn't there, we can make some up as you saw the samples I am making for Donna's store. I will be adding more colors to her sample kit each week.