Friday, January 2, 2015

Pantone Spring 2015 Fashion Color Aquamarine

According to Pantone, the color Aquamarine is to be the lead color for women for this upcoming spring season of 2015.  It is described as an "airy blue with a dreamy feel".  Cool and calming, it is a shade with a wet and watery feel.  This restful blue can also act as a stress reducer which I am sure many of us feel we could benefit from.  I'm already thinking I need to surround myself more with this color!

Pantone suggests combining this shade of blue with Glacier Gray and Marsala but I think it would also pair really well with the Classic Blue especially when working with clay techniques such as mokume gane.



Whenever I mix up the latest Pantone colors I like to bake some extra sample tiles to play around with to see different color combinations.

So here is the color recipe using Kato clay:


Aquamarine

1 part Kato Blue
1 part Silver
10 parts White Mix #1-2*

* This clay base color is found in my
"Clay Color System" tutorial
available as an instant download
in our Etsy Shop
or manually sent in an e-mail from

No comments: