Friday, August 7, 2015

Pantone Fall 2015 Fashion Colors Cashmere Rose and Desert Sage

The Pantone Fall 2015 fashion color Cashmere Rose is a muted shade of pink with a slight purple tone.  I am thinking it should combine well with the Desert Sage which as Pantone describes, "the ideal neutral".  Desert Sage is a classic silvery gray color with just a hint of green.  I ended up not liking it with the Cashmere Rose so much so decided to go with the blue tone instead.

These are some pieces we made using a Mokume Gane technique combining the Cashmere Rose with Reflecting Pond and Stormy Weather.  The Stormy Weather has a lot of metallic in it so I love the shimmer effect it has.

Button

Button

"Snap" Cabochons

"Snap" Barrette

"Snap" Pendant


"Snap" Earrings

The "snap" earrings were created with the double loop snap base findings.  We added the clear crystal bead and chain tassel to the bottom to give them more length and a different style.  We now have lots of the single and double loop snap findings in stock and available in bulk as well as in pairs or in the Starter kits.

Sample of the snap bases with loops made into earrings

So here are the recipes for the two colors using Kato clay:


Follow the color recipe for
Dusty Rose # 11-5 *
and add the following:
1 part Purple Base # 10-2 *
4 parts Kato White


4 parts Kato Silver
1 part Kato Yellow


* These clay base colors are found in my
"Clay Color System" tutorial
available as an instant download
in our Etsy Shop
or manually sent in an e-mail from


Tomorrow I will give the summary of the Pantone Color Recipes and will announce the winners of the Snap Decisions Tutorial Part 2 Contest (contest closed on August 5th)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hi Carolyn! I'm a new follower who has recently purchased your color system tutorial. I can't wait to dig into it. While I was browsing your site, I started collecting color recipes for the semi annual pantone colors and I was really hoping to find Reflecting Pond and Stormy Weather, but when I click on their images, it says, page not found. Would you be able to direct me to the appropriate pages for those two colors? I really love how dark and ominous they both look :D Thank you in advance!

2 Good Claymates said...

O I did not realize those posts are missing and not sure what happened to them. That is so strange. I am sorry about that and thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. I will go through my recipes and get that straightened out, hopefully tomorrow sometime. I will comment here when it is fixed.