Thursday, August 17, 2017

Pantone Fall 2017 Fashion Colors Navy Peony and Marina

I decided to focus on the two blue Pantone Fall 2017 fashion colors - Navy Peony and Marina.


If you have ever done much shopping for clothing lately, you might notice there is a lot of Navy which is almost the new black.  Like black, Navy combines well with a lot of colors.  Pantone describes Navy Peony as "a dependable and anchoring shade that is solid and stable, the hue takes some of the load off of black as a go-to neutral."  I hadn't played with my Bargello technique for some time and I found it was calling me and here is the result.


While the fall color Marina, is another shade of blue, it is much brighter than the Navy Peony and the only true cool color in this fall palette.  While blue is generally a popular color with many, I have found that for several years was not a good seller when it came to jewelry.  This past year, however, it has been slowly increasing in popularity again with Navy still being the top choice.  Combining these two shades could be a real winner.  These sculpted flowers and canes are an example of using both blues.



If you have my Clay Color System, then you already have the Navy Peony recipe in your collection.

Navy Peony
Same as
Navy Recipe # 9-7 *

Marina
3 parts Kato Blue
1 part White Mix # 1-2 *
4 parts Kato Pearl

* Note:  These clay color recipes are created using Kato Polyclay.  Any of the base color "mixes" used are from my Clay Color System.

No comments: