Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A different type of jewellry box/cabinet



I posted some photos of a clay tile with flowers earlier on. I was making them for a different type of jewelry cabinet. It all started when I received a hanging wine rack shelf as a door prize at my work Christmas party. Since I had no use for what it was intended for, I started to think of what else I could do with it. I studied it for a while and then thought what if I had glass piece over top, I could then store and also see my accessories in the spaces where the wine bottles would normally rest. Maybe I could actually make some drawers to fit in those openings! This turned out to be the most challenging part, but once I made a cardboard form, everything then fell into place. I had a lot of scrap clay in my box so decided to combine and mix a lot of it up so that gave me a start in choosing some of the colors. Here are some photos of the process:



















So here is the finished cabinet ready to add the glass and maybe mount on the wall. Kind of funky but a fun place to store some of my favorite jewelry pieces.



No comments: