Monday, July 13, 2009

Floral Cascade Necklace



This is one of the jewelry pieces I entered into the Shuswap Lake Festival of the Arts.  The reason I like to create pieces for various challenges is that it forces me into areas I normally wouldn't go and to experiment and try new things.

I find that while working on each challenge I seem to end up at some point with an ahh hah moment.  With this one in particular, I wanted to totally disguise the clasp.  I've created many of these hidden barrel clasps before, but this time I didn't want any of the wires to show and because it was going into such an important event, I wanted it to be perfect.  I played around with it for a while until I finally came up with a solution and everything then fell into place and fit perfectly!  At that point it was very exciting for me and a real feeling of satisfaction!


I find that in each challenge piece I create, inspiration for more new projects evolve out of them and it drives me on to try more new things.

3 comments:

Sofilor said...

Wow really gorgeous!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Wow Carolyn your necklace is really exquisite! The kind of thing you could see on the runway. I'd love to get to see it up close and personal.

Nettonya said...

Congratulations on your win with your mosaic table. You did a fabulous job!

Your kite necklace is stunning!

All the best to you and Dave.