Monday, December 21, 2009

One Cane -- Many Designs

I often get requests for custom orders which I love to do. When I create a jewelry piece, however, I don't like to create the exact thing twice.  There is generally some sort of variation in the design or color.  One customer at a show loved a brooch (below left) I had and asked if I could make something similar but as a pendant for a Christmas gift.  The one I created for her is below on the right.
 
It was basically made from the same cane but arranged differently.  This customer loved the piece and then contacted me several weeks later. She said she liked the one I made for her so much she asked if I could make her another one.  I decided to do up several more and then give her a choice of which one she would like.  These are four others I made, again from the same cane.


 
 
I used the same cane slices to create these other pieces:

 



These are just some of the variations that I have made from one cane so far and the only limitation is your imagination.

2 comments:

Lanyardlady said...

Amazing creativity on your part. What a pleasure to see imagination at work.

Cathryn said...

That's fabulous! I'm going to have to start working with clay because I see so many potential uses for me! Oh thank you for showing us some variations on the same cane!