Sunday, March 21, 2010

New Designs in Tomato Puree

I've been busy catching up with some custom orders to fill from our last show as well as finishing off and  listing some new pieces on Etsy and Art Fire.  My favorite color is the yellow-greens and when I'm working with my clay I have to occasionally remind myself that there are other colors in the rainbow.

I noticed we didn't have very much in red and so created some new pieces in the Pantone Spring 2010 color of Tomato Puree.  I combined it with  Fusion Coral and Pink Champagne which really softened the red for a nice romantic spring and summer combination.


Both of the pendants are on the ruby red softglass cords with Czech Fire-polished crystals.

   

I like to make all our own sterling and gold-filled earwires as I can create the earwire to suit the actual earring for the overall design.  I have much more control in the finished product this way.

I really like the new Pantone Spring colors this year and have had a lot of fun in combining them in many ways and have been happy with the results.

10 comments:

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

I love these pieces Carolyn! I know what you mean about making sure to make things in other colors, besides just your favorites. I tend to make a lot of things in reds and oranges and skip over blues greens or any pastels.

I have to almost force myself to use other colors, especially since I am a teacher and I teach many others who have different taste than me.

You are smart to use a color palette such as the Pantone palette, because that will encourage you to choose other colors as well. Your work sure is lovely lately. Bet your customers are loving the selection of colors!

Cara Jane (surfingcat) said...

They are beautiful and those colours work so well together. They do feel like a lovley sunny day.

Betty said...

Those are really cool! I hate tomato but I guess you are inspiring me to make stuff again.

2 Good Claymates said...

Thanks -- After putting them together I decided to do more in these colors as I like them too. Every time I make something I really like (which is most) I try not to keep too much of it for myself! ha ha

Lisa Crone said...

Oh yumm!! Not only is the color and design great, the name is yummy!

DVArtist said...

The colors are amazing together. There is nothing like red and shades of red.

Nicole/Beadwright

bebedesiles said...

wonderfull colours, the pieces are fabulous, what a gret work !

Unknown said...

these are gorgeous.

charkstudios said...

I've been working with splashes of red too and been pairing up with a light jade green.

Love the names you give your designs like "tomato puree" makes me want to get my garden going right now so I can get those tomatoes we are so lacking right now!!!

Your posts are awe inspiring!

2 Good Claymates said...

Thanks so much! The red and jade green sounds nice as well since I love the color green! Actually the names come from the colors that Pantone gives -- I love the names as well and that is why I've been using them.