Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Studio Redo - Tidy Up!

I've been sharing a couple of pieces from Ikea we have been using in our studio and while googling a few things I came across some "banned" Ikea commercials.  Some of them I can understand why but there were a few good funny ones...



I sometimes feel like the girl in the commercial -- Dave says it is maybe a good thing I didn't have any kids of my own!  ha!  I recently purchased a new bulb for one of my Ott Lights.  I put the light away for safe keeping until I reorganized the studio.  The place must be really safe as I cannot even find it now!  I'm sure it will show up some day when I'm not even looking for it and searching for something totally different.

Anyhow, I thought I would share a couple more Ikea pieces we have that work great in our studio.  We had this cabinet in our other home but I quickly laid claim to it for our studio when we moved.  Because it is so tall and narrow it takes up such little space yet if fits a ton!  What I like about it is that it comes with all these shelves that are adjustable and of course I happened to have more baskets that fit perfectly!   A plastic drawer storage unit fits perfectly into it as well and I can keep all sorts of junk in there!


I also love the two drawer units on wheels that fit under the countertops.


We use one for storing our handcrafted jewelry so it is nicely organized when we need to find something or someone comes to visit.



The other drawer unit is for storing our bead stash.  We have these bead trays we purchased from a bead store which are great and didn't cost too much.


I found though I like the stacking plastic containers that screw together from the dollar store much better.  Instead of stacking them, they work really nice in drawers (or baskets) as little dividers for your beads and findings.


I will leave you with a link for another fun Ikea commercial!  Another favorite of mine!

2 comments:

Kristie R. said...

I'm jealous of your jewelery storage! What is thename of those pieces? What a collection, too!

2 Good Claymates said...

Did you mean the drawer units? They are called ALEX and they have 2 other styles (narrow and narrow/taller). We love these units and are perfect for jewelry and other type storage. They are not that expensive either for the quality, etc.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Carolyn