Tuesday, January 4, 2011

More Pantone Color Recipes - Beeswax and Peapod

I decided to start the new year with two more color recipes from the top ten spring 2011 Pantone collection - Beeswax and Peapod.  Both recipes use Kato clay for the mix and you will notice I've added a little pearl or metallic clay of some form to each color.  I find these give that little extra shimmer and added depth.


Beeswax
6 parts Yellow
2 parts Gold
1 part White
1 part Pearl
                                                         
Peapod
3 parts Green
3 parts Yellow
1 part Black
3 parts White
3 parts Pearl

This is a fun skinner blend cane I created with the Beeswax, Peapod and Honeysuckle.  You will find the Honesuckle recipe I shared with you earlier here.  I will show you tomorrow what I'm doing with these colors.

2 comments:

Cara Jane (surfingcat) said...

thanks for sharing the recipes, it was on my to do list to try and mix some. looking forward to seeing what you do with them

Cara

Marlene Brady said...

These are beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing.