Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spaced Out on Rondelles

I finished another tutorial which I started some time ago.  You might recognize the rondelle beads from a post I did on the blog here several years ago where I shared my original idea.  I found it to be too tedious and time consuming after a while and since learned how to streamline my production by tweaking a few things and eliminating several steps and I can now make them in half the time. (Click on the photo below to go to it.)


In this tutorial I will show you how to make special templates from clay to use in making your own rondelles so each bead is consistent in shape and size.  You can also make them in any color you want to match or coordinate with your other beads for that perfect jewelry design.


I have also included in this lesson how to make the cube shaped beads like the ones shown here in our Bargello Bead Necklaces.



As well as how to add the rich pearl and metallic colors with mica powders.


These can be made in the same matching colors to coordinate with the beads I show how to make in My Textured Tubes & More and Double-sided Textured Beads tutorials.




This lesson is very simple to follow with detailed instructions so even a clay beginner can follow them.  You do not need to invest in any fancy equipment or tools for this lesson as I have provided instructions for making your beads with or without a pasta machine and using objects that are easily available. 

2 comments:

Marian Hertzog said...

I ordered the tutorial... thanks I can't wait! I love rondelles but struggle to make them consistently! Your work is so precise!

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful tutorial......