Monday, April 18, 2011

Tool Time Tips

I thought I would share with you some of my favorite "tools" and supplies I like to use.


This tool is actually three in one and my absolute favorite.  I covered a little jar with clay and it sits on my clay table to hold my bead piercing tools.  I covered the end of one of my bead tools so it is easy to find and grab when needed.   The cool thing about this little jar is ......


Ta da! ....    There is a magnet encased at the bottom that works as a tissue blade picker-upper tool!  I saw this idea somewhere a few years back (can't remember where) but I thought it was so cool I had to make one for myself and now it is my favorite piece and cannot part with it.


And the bead piercing tools ....  are turkey or poultry lacers.  I found these last ones at a dollar store.  If you are looking for any, make sure they are ones that are nice and sharp for piercing your beads.


I also like to use these for when I bake my beads which brings me to another tool I use quite a bit is my bead rack.  I made this one from cardboard and have used it hundreds of times for several years now and is still holding up.  Maybe some day I will show you how to make one.


And lastly, is a glue called Jewel-It that I found works great with polymer clay.   I mainly use it to glue my clay color chips to the cards as other glues wouldn't seem to last or hold very long and my chips would keep falling off.   I've even baked with it as well and it seemed to hold pretty good still afterwards but I need to do a little more testing yet.

5 comments:

Barb A. in Victoria said...

Carolyn, you are so clever! I love these ideas. Thanks.

coltpixy said...

LOVE the magnet idea! I really need to come up with a magnet because I am always cutting myself picking up blades, especially when it is a new very sharp tissue blade.

Lupe Meter said...

That is a cool idea...Thanks for sharing that! 8D

Louise said...

Thanks for the tip about the glue. It's allways a big question for me.
I already have my poultry skewers and won't share them till I find more...lol

2 Good Claymates said...

Thanks. The magnet sure has saved my fingers numerous times Star!

Louise, I find the poultry skewers in the dollar stores as well as in Superstore where the kitchen utensils are. I had to check several stores before I found some so I bought several packages so I have lots.