Thursday, June 16, 2011

Canada Postal Strike - Here we go again

The postal strike here in Canada still has not been resolved and unfortunately it has gone from a rotating one to a lock-out.  This is what greeted me when I went to send a letter today.


So we are forced to closed down our mailable items in both our shops again until it has been resolved.

Fortunately our tutorials are still available in both our Etsy Shop and ArtFire Studio and will not be affected by this strike as they are sent right to your inbox by e-mail.  We allow up to 24 hours from when your payment is made but most often you will receive it within a few hours.

4 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

Don't you have UPS or FED EX there?

2 Good Claymates said...

Yes -- but we do not have cheap rates like in the U.S. -- no one will want to pay that much for shipping.

You can read my blog post on what happened when I ordered some supplies from the U.S. and used Fed Ex. Never ever again -- and UPS does the same.

http://2goodclaymates.blogspot.com/2010/02/rose-and-thorns.html

Claire Maunsell said...

I think I am going to have a special sale in my shop during the postal strike - order over 100$ worth of stuff and I will pay the Fedex charges. (17 -20 $)
I wonder if they will do follow through with the back-to-work legislation? For a lot of people the absence of the postal service means nothing, but for small concerns like ours, it is a bummer!
This is just a kick in the bum to finish my tutorial...

Roberta Warshaw said...

That's terrible. I do hope it ends soon for you guys!