Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sewing Charms

These are sewing charms we make for some of the local quilting stores.  I make the clay beads from left over canes.  You might recognize the Stroppel cane (by Alice Stroppel) I used for the ones shown here.



They fit onto scissors and rotary cutters so when one is taking a sewing or quilting class they can keep track of their tools.


When not taking a class, the charms can be used to decorate a cell phone or used as a zipper pull.  I found the nice woven straps from an Artfire handmade shop.  They also have a nice selection of ribbon.


4 comments:

Carla said...

Are those the ones that Katja has? My daughter bought one and loves it :)

2 Good Claymates said...

Hi Carla,

Yes, the ones shown here are the same that are at Katja's Quilt Shoppe. They are fun and I am so glad she likes it.

Cate van Alphen said...

These would also be great as wine glass charms.

PC said...

This is such a good idea to have charm on the sewing tools...and I love the quilt pattern! You are so creative, I can feel your passion and love to your works by seeing those brilliant results!