Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Ringing in the New Year with Color

I've been busy mixing up some clay recipes in the Pantone Spring 2014 colors.  One thing I love about creating these new colors is that it pushes me a little out of my comfort zone to experiment with shades I normally would not work with.


When I first saw the new Pantone colors, I had mixed feelings about their choices, but I had to remind myself that the colors that you see on the computer screen are not that accurate.  When I compared the color numbers with my Pantone color charts and began to mix up these new shades, I started to feel more inspired.

If you want to explore more into these new colors, I suggest checking out the Pantone site here and watching the video where Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute, describes and explains the new colors.


Starting tomorrow and every day for the next 10 days, I will start off the new year by sharing with you these new and exciting clay color recipes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This was a relief for me, this is the first time in about 5 years I've actually liked their color of the year. I love radiant orcid.
Honeysuckle was ok but lost points for the name :-)

Unknown said...

I just started with polymer after a few years of dabbling in jewelry. The Pantone colors take on a whole new meaning now and your photo of the clay in those colors is scrumptious!! Can't wait to learn more.