Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Pantone Spring 2018 Colors Lime Punch, Meadowlark and Little Boy Blue

I have been playing with the new Pantone Spring colors that I mixed up in clay to see which combinations appeal to me the most.  So far I have found several that I really like.  I haven't had time to actually create anything from them yet but I at least have some raw clay samples to show you.

Here are some stacked mokume slices combining the Ultra Violet (I shared the recipe for in my previous post here) along with the colors Little Boy Blue, Meadowlark and Lime Punch.


And my friend/assistant, Linda was busy today making lots of little clay circles in all the Pantone spring colors today.  These are in preparation of a clay day we will be having with my other friend Joanne this Thursday.  I will share the results with you later.


So here are the recipes for the three new colors using Kato clay:

Little Boy Blue

2 parts White Mix # 1-2 *
3 parts Kato Pearl
1 part Kato Blue
1 part Ultramarine # 9-2 *

Meadowlark

10 parts Kato Yellow
1 part Kato Pearl

Lime Punch

15 parts Kato Yellow
1/2 part Kato Green


* Note:  These clay color recipes are created using Kato Polyclay.  Any of the base color "mixes" used are from my Clay Color System.

1 comment:

Dace said...

oh, such lovely colors for Spring 2018. Thank you for posting the blend recipes!!